Sunday, December 5, 2010

So Discouraged

I did my measurements again today.  A couple of days less one month and ZERO change.  I am still fighting that 20 pound mark - for almost 2 months now, I might add - and, despite working out 3-5 times a week, nothing is happening.  No shrinking from weight loss or inches.  While I know I am not giving up, it makes me wonder why bother?  I should have lost alot more than 20 lbs in three months.  I know this because I have done it just on Weight Watchers alone with no exercising ... just by watching what I eat ... and now I exercise more and eat better with no results?  What am I doing wrong?  I swim an average of 3x/week and, when I do, I am breathing heavy, heart rate is up and the pausing between laps is less both in frequency and duration.  Last week I started walking and it is a brisk walk.  Again, heart rate is up, breathing is heavier and my body temperature is increased to almost a sweat yet still ... no changes.  My eating is not 100% but it is pretty damned good for the most part.  I just don't understand the human body.  Even with my PCOS, it shouldn't be this hard.  Time to change my habits more, I think.  Less of this and more of that.  At this point, I could really cry.  *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. HUGE HUGS :)
    Forget about the weight for a moment, and pretend you hadn't weighed yourself.

    How do you feel physically, mentally compared to 2 months ago?
    Do you have more energy? Are you fitter? Do you feel good. Are you proud of yourself? Are you healthier?
    Those things are much more important than the number on the scale. I bet if you asked someone if you looked different the answer would be yes.
    FARK the scale for now. Celebrate these wins!
    The weight will come off, it will. I went through the exact same thing and that's why I threw my scale out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you again...I was just reading some fitness articles...and a thought...

    for motivation...why not channel your inner athlete...swimming is your thing...look up some female Olympic swimmers...read about them, look at the pics....become them!

    ReplyDelete