Thursday, September 29, 2011

See this ...


well

I   D I D   I T !!!

Seriously ... the idea of doing this scared the bejesus out of me.  I would watch in awe as all of these physically fit, toned, muscular women worked their abs.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to do it at this point.  Some day ... a long ways away ... but not today yesterday at this weight and size.  But I did.  2 reps of 12 and one rep of 10 to be exact (killer on the lower back ... where I have issues due to past injuries so I need to be careful).  I even did the last 95% hugging a 10 pound weight to my chest. 

Wait ... there's more.  Yup.  You read right.  I tried two more things that I have always been afraid of:

this
and this


Granted I was only able to get up as far as the model (1/2 way) and I was only able to do 6 of them because my breasts were falling out of my bra and risked chin injury if I continuted but at the end of the day, for me, it isnt necessarily that I tried something new.  For me, with these three pieces of equipment, it is that I challenged myself to try three things that scared the living crap out of me.  Who knew it was in my grasp?  Not me ... but Tanya did.  When I asked her to show me how it was done to make sure I was doing it right, she encouraged me right along and away I went.  I love trying new things.  What a FABULOUS feeling.

So ... that is a total of FOUR new things for me this week.  The above equipment and an Anti-Gravity Restorative Yoga class which i LOVED and will be sure to take again.  Maybe twice a month.  What a great stretch and unlike a regular yoga class.

I didn't think I was going to make it back to the big city again until the weekend but it looks like I may have time to slip in for a quick workout tomorrow afterall.  After a week of 'news,' I am feeling a tad brave, I have to admit.  Tomorrow I think I am going to go and work in the *gasp* CO-ED gym.  The equipment there is so much better and more to chose from.

1 comment:

  1. I am BEAMING!!!!! I love this post. I can feel your excitement, hold on to that...keep trying new things, pushing your self and feeling that BUZZ..it will keep you going back :)

    ReplyDelete