Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Whoa what a trip

Last night, Tanya and I ventured to the gym for a workout ... in the co-ed gym.  Yup!  I took the plunge, put my big girl panties on (literally) and faced my fears.  I worked out amongst the buff and tough fellas and it wasn't so bad.  They weren't gawking at my oversized self or snickering as I attempted to try new machines and free weight contraptions.  They just went about their business with the occassional look and some even offered to help when we looked really stumped. 

My intentions were to do my regular workout however, that quickly changed when I saw the equipment that was up there.  It is so different than what is in the woman's only section and overwhelming.  I walked around for a bit trying to find the machines that looked like the ones I was familliar with alas ... no luck.  That is when I really decided to throw caution to the wind and just go for it.  Tanya and I started at one corner of the gym and just worked our around trying this, that and the other.  Some things I liked others ... not so much.  What new things did I try, you wonder? 
  • I used a contraption to do my squats.  It stabalizes your feet and lets your calves lean against something ... much preferred doing them this way.  I just have to work on my posture a bit more.  Using the ball really helped that.
  • I did a leg press thing which had me in a reclined position and my legs almost 90 degrees in the air, pushing the weights up and down with my legs.  140lbs.  Not bad (or so I think)
  • Ab crunch.  OW. OW. OW. OW.  Then again ... maybe it wouldnt have hurt so much if I didn't have it set to 90 lbs.  Ah well ... at least I did it. 
  • Dip Assist.  WTF?  Won't be going near this contraption for at least another 25 lbs.
  • Glute Press whojamajig - Looks like I did it right but I'm not sure.  I just know that I didn't feel it in my behind like I thought I would have.
So, that was my day.  A two hour workout with about 1.5 hours of actual working out.  (I figure a half an hour of figuring stuff out seems fair. haha).  I am hoping that the next time Katie comes to my swankified gym, we can do a workout up there so she can show me what is what.  lol

In the meantime, I continue to NOT lose weight.  Argh.  Eating is still not a hundred percent but it is soooo much better.  Becoming VERY, VERY frustrated with this.  I mean, it can't be muscles buidling that is keeping me here so what is it?  All I have to is stay focused because it is moments like these that make me want to stop what I am doing ... but I wont.  I will persevere ... it just may take some time. 

1 comment:

  1. First WAY TO GO on yet another SUCCESS...you keep trying new things, pushing yourself, putting yourself out there. THESE ARE NON SCALE VICTORIES and worth so much more then a loss of a pound on the scale. But I get the frustration...part of why we do this is to loose weight...many things could be at play...don't give up...remember how GOOD YOU FEEL..How empowered and proud of yourself...you'll figure this out.

    ReplyDelete