Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meet Jacob

Jacob ... meet your next victim.

Seriously - an amazing machine even if it is the machine from HELL ... and one that, without a shadow of a doubt, intimidates me the most in the entire gym. I think the only reason I put my brave girl panties on was because it was 12:20 am (yes ... A.M.) and there were only three other people in the gym with me. I had the entire cardio section to myself which was actually kinda eery. There is always so much movement in there - machines humming, people talking, sweat flying - that to see it so still just didn't seem right

BUT

because of that eery, unnatural silence,

i did

JACOB'S LADDER!!!

If you don't know what Jacob's ladder is, it is a machine that looks somewhat effortless but it is really quite a workout. My heart was racing. I could feel the sweat starting to bead towards the end. My legs were on fire. It works you harded than you expect, faster than you expect. It was great.

Truth be told, I didn't last more than two minutes on it and I had to have a 20ish second break around the 1min 19sec mark but that is okay ... right? I mean .. I conquered my second fear that night and gave it a shot. That is what matters so I will allow myself a pat on the back with a mental 'yay me' if you will. (btw ... my first fear was that the belt wouldnt fit. it did. phew!)

To see what Jacob's Ladder is, watch the video below. Even if you already know what it is/how it works, watch it and see a few variations they do to focus on glutes and abs. Maybe it'll add something new to your next workout!



Oops.  THIS is the video that shows a few different moves to work different body parts.  Sorry about that. 

1 comment:

  1. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO you did it! Now next time, its my turn to count you down :) :) ;)

    ReplyDelete