Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bad fatty, fat, fat

It's been a trying-ish several days.  Thursday night I started up with a bladder infection.  blech!  By mid morning Friday it was unbearable ... inside and out.  I was supposed to hang out and crash and Stéphanie's house but opted to come home where I could find more comfort in my own bed with my own pillows.  I have to admit ... it did help but the thought of moving around and breaking out in a sweat didn't appease the discomfort I had left.  Needless to say, it was a low key Saturday followed by Thanksgiving Sunday and Monday where in it seems that I have a new problem ... digesting fats.

My Mom bought a Butterball turkey and, in all seriousness, steer clear of them if you can.  The grease that sat on top of the gravy was nothing less that gross.  A big suprise to me since Butterball is always advertised as being the bird of choice.  Even to stir it whisk it before stirring didn't completely mix it in with the rest of the liquid.  After my meal - in which I neither over ate or went back for seconds - things just weren't right.  On Monday I had a plate of leftovers, smothered in gravy.  I would say 3x the amount of gravy I had on Sunday.  Ouph.  A lead ball in my stomach and other digestive issues.  I felt awful!  It still didn't click as to what it could be ... until the movies on Tuesday.   I had a small popcorn and asked for butter in the middle (the real stuff .. not Becel) and they over did it.  Now you have to understand that I really do like buttery popcorn.  i LOVE buttery popcorn actually but even I have my limits.  That being said ... it wasnt at the point of being unedible so I nibbled away as we watched out flick.  Double ouph.  Here came the digestive issues again.  NOT FUN. 

And that is when I realized it ... the fats are not agreeing with me.  All in all, that is not a bad thing.  It just shows me how working out and changed eating habits (albiet not the best changes but good changed none the less) have affected my body.  Once able to stomach these foods, I am no longer able to.  It's like my body was screaming at me "STOP EATING THIS SH!T" and quickly trying to get the toxins out. 

Lesson leaned.

Next movie ... frozen yogurt!


1 comment:

  1. "stop eating this shit" LOL I loved that!! I need that on a poster !

    ReplyDelete