Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Little Word 2012

I know what you are thinking -- well one of two things actually:
  • For those of you have no clue what One Little Word is you are wondering just that.  "what is she talking about?"
  • For those of you who know what I mean when I reference One Little Word you are thinking "what on earth is this doing here, on her fitness blog?  This isn't about scrapbooking, it's about health..."
Firstly, One Little Word is a concept created by scrapbooker/author/designer Ali Edwards.   Her journey in life is to capture the stories and moments that surround each and every day, not just those milestones we tend to focus on and document like birthdays or the first day of school.  In Ali's very first blog post about the OLW concept, she states "one little word -- a single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow."  So very true.

Secondly, to my fellow artists who know all about Ali's One Little Word, I will begin by explaining why this is here and not on Creatively Mine.  At this point in my life, I am not only on a journey to being more physically fit, I am on a journey to rediscovering (and discovering) who I am at this point in my life ... a point where I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be.  I am facing many life struggles and challenges these past few months and it has been very difficult.  It finds me in a mental place I have never been before.  Simply put, there is just a bunch of stuff I need to work through --- and hopefully will with time. (and it is way more than the motherless life I am trying to come to terms with ... while that is part of it, it is on the backburner of my reality right now). 

So, why is my OLW on my fitness blog?  Because, after reading it's title "Journey to a Healthier Me" I have come to realized that this journey can't be about the physical alone.  It has to be about me emotionally and mentally as well if I am to move foward and if this journey is going to be a success.  It is here because, quite frankly, I am just not feeling the blogging vibe anymore but know that I not only  need to document this journey for my own reflection but I need a place for my cheerleader(s) to come and offer words of encouragement.  (It is a bit of a let down for me to say that I need this but I have to be real with myself and get over the fact that I truthfully and honestly don't like that kind of attention.  It feels good when people acknowledge how hard I am working.  It motivates me.  It makes me want to push harder.)  Now, without further adieu, my 2012 One Little Word is:

***  P * E * R * S * E * V * E * R * E  ***

Truth be told, this is the second most difficult year of my life but I will be okay.  I know I will.  The chips just need to fall back into place which will hopefully allow the stars to align ... but I will be okay regardless of where the path leads.  While I have fallen off the bandwagon, my number one goal for me personally is to get back on it.  To stop letting life's stresses become the reason excuse for not meeting the goals I set for myself.  To either suck up that 30 minute-each-way drive that it takes to go to the gym I absolute adore or bite the bullet, cancel the membership and go to a gym that is closer .... even if it doesn't have a pool.  (I'm thinking swanky gym all the way!).  I need to take control of the things I can take control of and I need to do it now.  With small steps.  With a new start.  With a new beginning.

Hello 2012.  I AM HERE and I WILL persevere!!



1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that you will PERSEVERE! You have strength you don't even know you have. Way to go on seeing that the moving and sweating will help make those life stresses easier to deal with. Getting that time in for you, will help those other areas...if its just time to your thoughts while swimming laps to figure stuff out. Happy New Year :) and I love that you have a place for your cheerleaders :)

    ReplyDelete