Monday, August 15, 2011

** Just keep Swimming * Just keep Swimming **

Recognize that?  It sits in my mind with stroke I take and each flutter I kick.  I even try to think it to myself in Ellen DeGeneres' voice.  (Finding Nemo is one of my faves ... as is Dory.)  Now if only I had a character to relate to for walking and weights. 

With regards to walking, one thing is clear ... it becomes rather boring when you are doing it on the treadmill.  Walking to music is defnitely reserved for the great outdoors but, when inside, an hour long show does the trick. 

With regards to weights, I think I want to get those cute lil gloves.  Becauses of the excess weight, and the over-sized breastsesess, a good grip takes some maneuvering at times.  I also wonder if it will allow me to lift more reps or heavier weights. 

Lots to wonder, I know.  All I know is that I need to STOP wondering and START doing.  My weight is creeping up.  I havent been eating regularly or properly.  I have no routine.  Come September, and my return to work and routine, I will be back on track and revvying to go. 

Tonight, I walk 5km with some weights to follow and a leisure swim to finish.  Gotta get me in the water .. no ands, if's or buts.  Tomorrow will hopefully see me swimming as far as I can in an hour at the local outdoor pool.  Finally ... a Tuesday where the weather is good enough to take advantage or that I am not busy.

Last night,  I swam 1.44 kms in 40 minutes.  It was not what I had intended for a workout but it is what my body was calling me to do.  I was actually in the gym doing other things but my head just wasn't in it so I listened to what it wanted.  I actually thought I was doing poorly for time because my arms were very tired after tubing on Saturday .... but I was wrong.  I also would've kept going for more laps but my workout buddy had finished her gym time and was joining me for some leisure laps.  I can feel myself getting stronger in this department.  Now I just need continue to improve in the pool and apply it to the gym with hopes of getting back where I was in the very early spring.

Stay healthy



1 comment:

  1. nice! I haven't managed an outdoor pool at all yet this summer. I think I need to make that a priority now :) i think of the rocky theme when I lift weights.

    ReplyDelete