Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back in the saddle?

HELLO KATIE!!!!!!  (since I think  you are the only one who reads this, I can say a personal greeting to you.  If by chance there are others here ... yay.  please comment so I know you are around! haha)

It's been 4 months since my last post (i know, i know) and while there is no real good reason for it, I have plenty of excuses.  My main one being that I have been struggling since getting those chest infections only to lose out on a vehicle for 3 weeks which meant no gym time.  It completely and totally broke my mojo.  Going to the gym became a chore and workouts didn't give me the high I once had.  Followed by an extremely busy June, I was lucky if I made it to the gym twice a week and, lets face it, at that point it wasn't hard to twist my arm to keep me away from there.  Because of it, I not only lost my mojo ... by I found 15 of those pounds that I had lost.  SO disgruntled.  No routine.  No meal planning.  No activity.  No good.  I began forcing myself to get to the gym at least twice a week.  This was a few weeks ago.  Now I am ailed with something that causes me to become very discombobulated when I get hot and/or exert myself.  (because this doesnt happen when I do laps or aquafit, I tend to lean more towards the body temperature and not the exertion).  Needless to say it has affected my workouts but I am doing the best I can with what I can do. 

Because of my mindset, lane swims were a chore and it near killed me to do it for 30 minutes straight.  My stress has also been high and, because lane swimming leaves you with only the thoughts in your head to occuppy the time, I often felt like I was drowing in my problems.  Fortunately, all of that changed today when I received something that I had been waiting five weeks for.  Thanks to the best fitness purchase I have ever made, I am excited to do lanes again.  Today I swam for a total of 1.5 hours and did 3 kms -- and all because I had music to drown away my stresses and get lost in the beat of my favourite songs.  I purchased a (generic) waterproof mp3 player from one of the online, Asian based stores.  For one third (or less) of the price of a Finis, Swimp3 or speedo, I now have a 4gb piece of workout heaven to clip on to my goggles and swim along to.  Justin never sounded so good and lane swims were never more enjoyable.  I cant wait to get into the water again!

A few months ago I expressed an interest in signing up for the Army Run 5km marathon.  I had began the training process and, just after week three, got sick with my chest colds which stopped that dead in it's tracks.  My lack of mojo took over and the goal of running my first 5k in September went out the window.  That being said ... I still plan on entering the run ... only walk it instead.  I have to make sure my head no longer gets discombobulated but, once cleared by the doctor, I will be ready and revvying to go.  Even better ... I'm going to use my waterproof mp3 player again!  Why not?  It's smaller than my iPhone, which I currently also use as an iPod to work out to, and can clip right to my sunglasses so I am hands free.  And, if it rains, I will have ZERO worries about protecting and/or ruining my phone.  Brilliant!

So ... there is an update.  Hopefully my regime and mental state will return to the point where I do things I can feel proud enough to blog about (even if it is only with you, Katie) and my Daily Mile will start getting a workout of it's own as I return to the activities I long to become addicted to again.  In the meantime, here is what my mp3 player looks like.  The one I have is black what I wanted to also show what it looks like clipped on.  It really is a great little contraption!

okay ... how cool is this?  when looking for an image to share with you, i came across this gadget.  Again ... brilliant!


Stay Healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Just clued into the fact that you've been blogging you sneaky girl...and I have missed 3 posts!

    ReplyDelete