Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I did .... that???

Yup!  I did it.  It was awful.  It was great.  It made me hopeful.  It made me question my sanity.  What did I do, you ask?  Well anti-gravity yoga, of course. 


"Anti-gravity?"  uh huh!

Like ... hanging from the ceiling?  yup!

And so started many a conversation in the staffroom at lunch today. 

My goal yesterday was to go to a beginners yoga class that started at 4.  Unfortunately I arrived 5 minutes too late so off to the gym, I went.  I cycled for the first time (ouch) then did a short amount of time on the treadmill, alternating between running and (mostly) walking.  Naturally, I was itching to get into the water but wanted to check the schedule to see if it was aquafit or if I could do lanes.  That's when I saw it on the schedule and began to feel a moment of bravada.  I, the person who has never taken yoga in her life, was going to make her first experience a dramatic one.  As are most classes at my club, Anti gravity yoga rated 'E' for everyone.  HA!  If that wasn't the most stupid thing I had read all day.  It turns out, as I learned at the end of the class, that there are 3 levels of AGY (much faster than typing anti-gravity yoga ) and the class that I was just finishes was level 3.  Strength and cardio ... and that it was!  While I didn't flip or hang upside down, I did swing, balance, shake and sweat with the rest of them.  I am many, many workouts away from taking that class again but I will definitely pay more attention and clarify the class level next time before signing up for the first level AGY class.  (on the upside .. it wasn't just me who didn't know it was a strength and cardio ... it was about 75% of the class)  After that, I soothed my overheated skin with some laps in the pool.  *bliss*

To my facebook friends who got 4 daily miles in their daily feed today ... I apologize.  I want everything to be accounted for and I just don't think that there is a way to enter more than one activity therefore you get the multiple entries passed. 

In the meantime, I hurt a tad from all that I did yesterday but its a good hurt.  I feel good.  I cant wait to go tomorrow and work out again ... but maybe not for as long.  Maybe I'll spend more time in the gym and skip the pool .... maybe.

Here's to a happy and healthy week for everyone.

P.S.
When searching for a video to share, I found one that is from my club, just a different location.  It is actually a local news group talking about what was coming to here when these facilities opened ... which they are now and are totally awesome.  If course, the moves in this video are the ones I couldn't do but I did swing like the move in the beginning.  cant wait for more ... eventually.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. HOW COOL!!!!!!
    Saw that class on their website and thought it must be amazing to try.
    Can't wait for more updates!!
    You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. just came to see if you had any more news....and noticed I forgot to leave you a comment on this one..GIRL YOU AMAZE ME!!!!!!!!!!

    now what did KEVIN say when you told him about this class...I bet he had something KEVIN FUNNY to day LOL :) Man can you IMAGINE him doing this...OH MAN that is good! don't tell him I said that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG .. I have NEVER even heard of that! I am beyond intrigued .... did you feel a lil cirque de mel there? LOL

    Regardless girlie ... HUGE STEP! Looking forward to reading more!

    R :)

    ReplyDelete