Friday, January 7, 2011

Who's getting healthier?

I'm not too sure it's me.  I am getting yet ANOTHER chest infection.  This will be the third one since the fall and I've never, ever been sick this much before.  So far I am not horrible so I am going to work out tomorrow after a funeral, lunch and a few errands.  I am tempted to go and work out today too but I'm afraid that if I push myself while I am feeling 80%, I will quickly decline. 

First things first ... a shout out to my friend Katie who tried Yoga for the second time.  The first time she hated it.  Then, she was bigger and not as in shape as she is now.  This time .. not only did she love it, she rocked the positions and even did advanced ones.  (you'll know who Katie is because she is the only one that reads and/or comments on this blog.  lol).  We are going to go to my club one day and do a Hot Yoga class together.  I figure the best way for me to prepare for that is by doing regular yoga first.  Good idea, eh?

On the plus side (plus side ... no pun intended  hahaha), I ventured over the the US of A last night.  I was a tad disgruntled to find out the the store I went for was actually closed early.  Not sure why.  Its always been open until 9 ... for years.  I called today to find out what their hours were ... 8pm Mon-Thurs for winter hours.  Well then.  So much for that sports bra and those athletic clothes.  Before going there I stopped at the mall because runners are usually cheaper there than in Canada.  (an average of $30-$40/pair).  Double bonus, I found a pair that I liked that was $30.00 cheaper than here and they were on sale for 50% off.  So I got a pair of Asics for $40.  I loved Asics in high school.  Best volleyball shoe ever!.  I managed to pick up a couple of workout clothing items from WalMart but the plus size pickings are super slim.  I didnt try them on so hopefully they fit.  If not, then I will just have to shrink into them.  Not a bad goal, I think.  For now I will leave you with a photo of my shoe because I just feel like 'spicing it up' with a photos so ... enjoy and have a happy heart healthy day.


1 comment:

  1. Is tomorrow your first work out in the new shoe? I bet your feet will feel like they are in heaven!

    Here's to HOT YOGA in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete