Wednesday, November 10, 2010

0 to 1650

This is my latest challenge to myself. 

1650 is the number of meters in 1 mile (1.6 kilometers).  My friend brought this training information to our swim last night and it trains you to be able to swim that one mile in 6 weeks so, if it goes well, by Christmas i will be swimming the whole thing non stop.  It's pretty cool actually.  You swim 400m, stopping for 12 breaths after you complete each 100m distance then you swim 200m stopping for 8 breaths between each 50m distance.  You complete the week 1 work out (x 3 days) by swimming 100 yards and stopping for 4 breaths between each 25m distance.  (for a total of 700m swam that day)  Each week is increases the length of time between distance and breath until week 6 when you should be able to swim 1 mile non stop.  That's 4 times around a track. 

In the meantime, I definitely need to get me a lap counter and a waterproof MP3 player.  :)

Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even picture swimming around a track 4 times! But I know you can!!

    ReplyDelete