Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ahhhhh. Refreshed!

I finally went for a workout today after not going since Tuesday due to circumstances beyond my control and it felt great!  I swam 2000 meters in an hour and two minutes.  (equivalant to 2kms).  I was breathing heavier than I have in a long time but pushed through it as much as I could, taking fewer rests and fewer breaths while resting.  I was hot. Very hot.  If I wasnt in the water, I know I would have been sweating.  I had to dunk my head a few times to cool off while I was resting.  It was awesome.


Not only did I complete 2000m, I shaved a minute off of my 1100m time - or so I think.  I need a lap counter.  Seriously.  It would make life so much easier to just have to push a button at the end of the lap rather than slide my water bottle over a tile after each 50 then count them off as I go.  God forbid someone shifts my bottle on me.  lol  I tried doing elastics on my wrist but that wasnt the best option either.  I kept forgetting to shift them.  There are several lap counters you can get but this is the one that I like best, I think. (outside of the $200 pool mate which would be awesome.  It does everything automatically.  Lap count, time, stroke count, etc).  This one keeps time and laps with a quick push of a button using your thumb - now I just need to find out where to buy one in Canada before ordering from the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment