Saturday, November 6, 2010

And the journey continues...

November marks the beginning of my third month working out.  I lost 3 weeks to a chest infection then a cold that just wouldn't go away.  I am still feeling congested in the chest at times but nothing that is slowing me down anymore, at least. 

Remember the complaints I had about how boring lanes are and how I want to get myself a waterproof mp3 player to see if I can at least attempt to get excercise this way?  Well ... after a trip to Walter Baker last Friday for their lane swim, it turns out that I freakin LOVE lane swims!!!!  Who knew.  My friends do too so that is an added bonus and we've been to 4 other since then.  The slow paced glides through the water followed by a burst of speed for a length or two.  Barely being able to catch my breath but still being able to have somewhat of a conversation despite the lack of oxygen.  Not caring what others around me think of my fat ass in a bathing suit because my objective is to be fit and healthy, not worry about my insecurities or lack of self esteem. 

In honour of this new found love for lane swims, I am moving on from the City of Ottawa Aquafit programs and getting a membership at Carleton University.  I absolutely hate that I have to drive such distance to work out but what price do you really put on your health?  The added bonus of joining the CU pool is that I will no longer be getting home at 9:30 and 10:00 at night.  Lane swims run daily from 4 to 6 which means that I should be home by 6:30 at the latest.  Because of the aquafit times, we weren't leaving for the city until 6 or 6:30 each night.  This means that I will be getting home around the same time as Kevin now.  Not leaving before he gets home and coming home to find him in bed, most nights.  Another HUGE bonus.  (ps - I am now taking submissions for crock pot recipes so supper will be ready when we both arrive home lol)

Speaking of my fat ass ... I am sadly only down 20 lbs which I blame completely on three weeks of inactivity due to that chest infection.  I had hoped to have lost more by now.  I also think I am gaining muscle too so that could be weighing me down as well.  My arms and legs feel a tad more firm but that could just be in my head and I can see that my legs are more toned - or so I think.  (pps - also taking submissions for suggestions on how to rid ones self of cellulite ... lol)  Either way, I feel good.  I now steal Kevin's belts now to keep my pants up and shirts I havent worn in a couple of years are wearable again.  Maybe I should invest in a belt of my own, come to think of it.

So, there is a month + in review since my last update.  My next venture (I think) is cross country skiing.  Second hand, of course.  Winter is my least favourite season so I dont want to invest heavily in something that I may detest.  lol   As for today, I am off to measure myself (finally).  I took a photo of me in a bathing suit last week but I may just wait until I hit the 75 lbs mark to post that comparison.  ;o)

Here is to a happy, healthy and fit November with much success for all.

1 comment:

  1. I am so stink'n freaking proud of you! Proud of you for finding a sport that you love. For moving breathing and nourishing yourself. For blogging about it. and 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's incredible and your totally right about the muscle.

    Can't wait to see where you go(swim) :)

    ReplyDelete