Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Gotta Feeling

that today was a good day.  :o)   (take two ... so much for the auto save feature ... argh)
.
I tweaked my challenge a bit, be it by accident, but I think in the long run it will be easier.  I over swam my 600m and, when I finally stopped and began calculating, I realized that I almost doubled it.  Oops.  Rather than count laps and see how long it takes me, I am going to see how many laps I can do in a specific amount of time.  Today I did 1,100 meters in 32 minutes (thats just shy of 3x around a track).  I need to make some sort of counting concoction because it is going to be so easy to lose count.  Preferring to be left to my own thoughts, I had to shove those aside and focus on constant counting.  It almost ruined my workout .. almost.  Not to mention that I really do want to get some music to swim to so that is another reason I need to make something to help with the counting.  I have a few ideas in my head involving beads and stretch elastic ... now to see if it pans out.

Wondering why the B.E.P video below?  After 45 minutes of lane swimming, I slipping over to the deep water running lane to try my hand at that.   I have done it several times in aqua fit class but never for any length of time.  I lasted about 30 minutes before I had to pack it in.  (birthday supper at Moms ... yum!).  I would never have been able to do that on pavement.  To give you an idea of the pace I kept, I would say I was at tempo with I Gotta Feeling.  In the next few days I will add intervals to the routine to help build my endurance and heart rate.  Maybe one day soon I will leave the pool and try it on pavement.  :o)

If nothing else, enjoy the tunes.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I can imagine the counting would be very hard to keep accurate and who wants to spend all that time counting when you could be thinking and dreaming and such. If anyone can think of a cool idea to tackle that its you. I swear your part Mcguiver (spelling?) :) LOL

    ReplyDelete